Monday, June 4, 2018

Vaporizers. And Clones. Also, did you know you can mix and match?!?!

So, I've been vaping instead of smoking since my bitty twin was released from the NICU more than 2 years ago.
This post was originally written in 2017, not posted.
In that time​, I've gone through 6(now 12) devices.
I started with a kangertech subvod. It was pretty straightforward. Worked amazingly well for months. Then, the battery pack died.
Before it died i bought a random zebrasmoke ecig off a Groupon deal. It was ok for a backup, but frankly, it sucked. Badly. And fell completely apart the first day i carried it as main vape.
Next i got a subvod mega tc. It didn't last much longer than the first, although, it had the added bonus that could use both tanks on the battery pack.
I also got an endura tc, to have as backup. It works fairly well, but is not my favorite, as i had to run a lower vg juice.
After that i got a lovely KangerTech mod, the SUBOX MINI kit.
It worked​ well enough, but wasn't exactly drop resistant. Which is very important when  you have small children, and are a klutz. It did survive about 6 months of use, and then the works actually fell out through the battery door.
I'm really really hard on everything i own.
So, i had 3 KangerTech tanks, and no batteries or mods.
The store i bought the first and last KangerTech peices from stopped carrying the brand!
I had to find a replacement.
I bought an eleaf istick pick from the same little vape shop.
It was great, although the woman there told me i couldn't​ run it at my normal wattage( between 7-18)
It does work at those levels, you just have to think cigar, not cigarette 😂
TBH, i totally love this thing. But, buying another from the shop, not happening. I'm cheap. 80$ for a setup is just a bit steep for me, so i bought a clone off eBay as a backup. I also ordered glass for my tank, and a few atomizer cartridges for good measure.
Next day, my glass busts all to peices. None of the shops in town have the particular size i need!
So, i pull out my KangerTech tanks, and my final, sad, ragged atomizer i used to test an awful juice a few months back.

It worked!
That is to say, KangerTech top fill tanks and the melo 3 tank are interchangeable! I was able to use it on my eleaf mod.
Now, let's talk the clone.
It is slightly less polished and pretty than the real thing. But, it gets the job done. Hits the same, and honestly, if i didn't know it was fake, i wouldn't believe it. If you want to try the style, a cheap clone is a great way to get into it, though you should always support the designers and buy the real thing where you can!

Let's talk time.
KangerTech Subvod gave me 4-5 hours of consistent use after the first month, and didn't decline much after that.

KangerTech Subvod Mega TC gave me 8-10 hours of consistent use, 4 of heavy, and all day if i wasn't using it a lot.

Zebrasmoke ecig gave me 30 minutes of consistent use. Heavy use wasn't possible. It overheated too quickly. With minimal use it was dead in 4 hours.

Endura TC gave me the same results as the Subvod, with slightly better battery life, but again, no max vg juices.

KangerTech SUBOX MINI gave me all day of moderate use on one charge, and i could run anything in it.

Eleaf istick pico gives me 2 days light use. 1.5 days of moderate use, and a full day of heavy use.
That is with either the melo 3 mini, or the KangerTech tanks.
The clone has the same battery life, though i cannot yet speak to it's durability.

My only complaint about the eleaf Pico is that when i drop it the bottom comes unscrewed, which is... Really annoying.

All of these products were used with Max VG juices between 6mg and 15mg nicotine.
Almost all of them were used with 12mg exclusively, my own root beer float mix.

Now. This is a year later. The clone died an incredible death. So sad.
It shorted out, and caught fire. Another Tesla mod I had around the same time did the same thing, and it wasn't a clone. I've replaced the Tesla mod (60w), and no issues for the last 6 months
My original KangerTech tank died a sad death, due to rusting. Yeah, it can happen.
I still have the other 2, and they still work well, minimum leaking.
I've since bought a coral tank. HATED IT.. in order to refill it I had to take out the atomizer. Which is a no go for me.  also a few random straight shooter style e-cigs. They make me very sad.
I had a vision diy 80 mod that I adored, worked like a charm, and have recently passed on to a friend.
My newest toy is a Smok priv V8.  Not sure how I feel about it. The tank is fantastic. No pulling out pliers because oops, screwed it on too tight. It has a slide top that sort of locks in place. I'm not excited about the lack of controls over the wattage though. It would be great if I was a beginner. I'm not.

Vaping is a journey. If you are just starting out, please skip the all in ones. They might turn you off to the whole experience.

I'm sure I'll write more on this topic, and hopefully actually review the individual mods/aios, and tanks I've used in the past 2 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home